3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (COLD)
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon Keep It Savory Salt Co Vanilla Bean salt plus enough for sprinkling
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 (rack on the 2nd position from top).
- Slice "cold" unsalted butter into small pieces and whip in your mixer for a minute or so. Because it's cold it will stick a bit, but don't fret -- scrape and mix.
- Add both sugars, baking powder, baking soda and the cinnamon. With mixer combine at medium speed until the mixture has a crumbly texture.
- Add the eggs, VANILLA BEAN salt and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour. If your mixer sounds like it's overworking, you may have to continue by hand and use a spoon.
- DON'T OVER MIX or cookies will get tough
- Gently fold in the oats, and optional add-ins of chocolate chips or raisins.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour.
- Drop dough by the heaping tablespoon onto cookie sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle a few grains of VANILLA BEAN salt on each cookies.
- Bake on 2nd rack from top at 375 for 12-15 minutes. (Cookies should still be soft to the touch).
- Carefully transfer them to a cooling rack and enjoy!