This one always takes me right to the beach. Perfect for a cookout on a hot day or atop yogurt or ice cream. Or in the dead of winter when you are convinced that summer is never coming back.
A pinch of MEDITERRANEAN CITRUS SALT makes the flavors pop with brightness. Or, for a slightly more comforting zing, substitute VANILLA SALT. Mmmm.
Pitting the cherries is a pain, so put on a podcast while you do it. No cherry pitter tool? Me neither. Just use a paring knife to cut in sections around the pit. First time cutting a mango? See note below.
- 1 large mango, diced and peeled
- 3/4-1lb cherries (anything is season works!), pitted & halved
- 10 large fresh mint leaves, it the equivalent, chopped, plus some pretty leaves to place on top.
- 1/2 teaspoon MEDITERRANEAN CITRUS SALT
- Place it all in a bowl.
- Position the pretty mint leaves for most Instagram-ability. Or not.
- Get your savory on.
Unsure how to cut a mango? A good way to prep the mango is to think about it like you would a cantaloupe. Cut in sections around the oblong mango pit, then use a paring knife to remove the skin. There are lots of ways to do it, though. Let Google be your guide.