- 5-7lb whole chicken - get a responsibly-sourced or Amish one if you can.
- 3 Tablespoons ROSEMARY SAGE or LAVENDER SAGE salt
- Rub 3 Tablespoons salt all over and inside the entire chicken and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Roast in baking dish on 425 degrees F for 15 min to get that skin crisped up, then reduce heat to 350 F and cook until internal temp is 165-175 F, or about 20 minutes per pound. I usually do not use a roasting rack, but you can if you want.
- When you tug on the leg and the meat pulls away from the bone, you are ready!
- Remove from heat, cover with a foil tent, and let sit for 7-10 min.
- Carve as you wish. Serve with Shiitake Cremini Hasselback Potatoes and Mediterranean Citrus Blistered Green Beans.
For cut chicken, reduce refrigeration time to 4 hours (overnight is still okay). Roast breasts at 350 F and wings/legs/thighs 350-425 F.